Thursday, October 11, 2012

THE FACE SHOP Lesson 01. 4 Minute Smoky Kit


THE FACE SHOP LESSON 01. 4 MINUTE SMOKY KIT 

This is a new release from The Face Shop. I had this kit for a while, but I was holding off posting it because I wasn't able to give it a "test run" yet.


I used it during my volunteer for the law school bar-ops. I did a lot of running during that night, albeit in an air conditioned area. It was still in place, impressively. 

This sells for Php 1, 450.00.


Here's the box. The piece of cardboard paper that's facing down has instructions (in Korean language) for the step by step application. There is also a small mirror attached on the cover of the box.

I'll provide the step by step application at the end of this blog post for everyone's convenience.


That's how the inside of the box looks like. ^

The lid closes shut because of the magnet inside.



Here's the palette for an even closer look.

The shades from left to right (same order as the swatches down below): Matte black, Shimmer olive khaki, Shimmer light washed out pink, Matte brown.


I was a tad bit disappointed at first when I swatched it. It didn't show up as much as I would have wanted it to. I had to pack up each swatch with 3 to 4 more strokes.


However, when applied over eye primer, it did show up well and it also stayed put for a long time. Obviously, the palette is the kind that works better with primer. 

The pictures below show the tools that come with the set. The make up tools that came with it are ok. They're not flimsy, however I think the bristles are kinda sparse.

Double Ended Sponge Applicator


The other end's narrower.

Angled Brush and Patting Brush


Here's the Flat Brush on the other end.


Here's the Angled Brush on the opposite end.


It also comes with this retractable eye liner pencil in a black shade.


As you can see, the eye liner is very pigmented. It also glides on the skin very smoothly. I also love the fact that it's retractable so that's minus the hassle of sharpening them or having to carry a sharpener all the time.


It's not waterproof, although it does leave a stain after trying to rub it off.


It'll be a good base for a smoky look.

It also comes with this mascara.


I find the mascara very light weight. The formula does not leave my lashes brittle nor does it smudge all over my lids or under eye.


The mascara was a pleasant surprise to me. I love how the bristles are able to part my lashes and coat them individually.

OVERALL
I love this kit, not so much because of the eye palettes but mostly because of the mascara and the eye liner that came with it.

STEP BY STEP APPLICATION
1. Line eye lids from top to bottom with the black eye liner.
2. For a less harsh look, gently smudge the edges with the angled brush.
3. Use the flat brush and pat some matte black eye shadow on top of the eye lids without going over the crease (half of the eye lids).
4. Use the angled brush and pick on some matte black eye shadow. Swipe some of that starting from the outer side of the lower eye going lighter to the inner part. 
5. Use the wider sponge applicator to get some matte brown shadow and pat it on the outer half of the eyelids.
6. Use the angled brush and pick some of the shimmery olive khaki eye shadow. Make an outer-V on the outer corner of the eye. Get a fluffy blender brush and gently blend to create depth. Blend it upward without going over the brow bone.
6. Highlight the brow bone with the shimmery pink shade using the opposite side of the wider sponge applicator. 
7. Use the narrow sponge applicator and pick up some of the shimmery pink shade again. Dust some of that on the tear ducts extending to the upper eye lids and also to the lower eye lids, blending in with the black. 
8. Finish the look by curling the eye lashes and coating it mascara.

STAYING POWER: 4/5



PRICE: 2.5/5


PACKAGING: 3/5 

PIGMENT: 3/5 


GETTING IT AGAIN? No.








No comments:

Post a Comment