Saturday, October 13, 2012

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream


NYX SOFT MATTE LIP CREAM

I reach for these a lot.



Let me explain why there's a weird looking container mixed there. One thing I hate about NYX products in general, most especially this line, is the BAD packaging. I'm a generally careful person but sometimes, I do get a little clumsy. This thing rolled over and broke. I had to transfer the product in another container to save it.

The shades from left to right: Stockholm, Istanbul, Antwerp, Adis Ababa, Amsterdam and Sao Paolo (the one in the weird container).


It's a shame because my favorite out of the bunch is Sao Paolo (the one that friggin broke).

These dry to a matte finish. They are very pigmented too.


Picture above is Stockholm. This is a great nude shade. There aren't a lot of nude shades that work for my NC40 skin tone so I like this a lot.


This one's Istanbul. I would have to say that this looks weird on me. The texture isn't that good also. Its got blue undertones and they dry/feather really fast. It would be advisable to put lip balm under or lip gloss over.


This one's antwerp. This is a coral shade. Very pretty.


Adis ababa is a shocking fuchsia pink. Very beautiful and pigmented.


Amsterdam is a dark cherry red shade. I use this to stain my lips as these are wildly pigmented.


The last of the bunch is, sadly, my favorite Sao Paolo. Look at the poor thing. It's a redish-pinkish, bright berry shade.


Here's the swatch from left to right: Stockholm, Istanbul, Antwerp, Adis Ababa, Amsterdam and Sao Paolo (the one in the weird container).


Stockholm, Istanbul, Antwerp, Adis Ababa, Amsterdam and Sao Paolo (the one in the weird container).


The shades are named according to the capitals of different countries. 

If there's one thing I like about the packaging, it's how the color of the container is very true to its shade. 

OVERALL

These are very cheap, amazingly pigmented lip creams that stay for a decent 4 hours. I like these more than the round lip sticks or the matte lip sticks NYX offer. They sell for about Php 250.00 each. 

STAYING POWER: 3/5



PRICE: 3/5



PACKAGING: 2/5 



PIGMENT: 4/5 


GETTING IT AGAIN? YES.



6 comments:

  1. same thing happened to my nyx slmc milan. what a pity. those are my babies. i love them cause i have oily skin and i dont like glossy lipsticks as it makes you even more oilier. yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where do you buy these at 250? other reputable sellers sell them at 280?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! You can pre-order them at digitaltraincase (Philippines). :)

      Delete
  3. I want try it all, loving it!
    Ps: is 'São Paulo' the brand wrote the name wrong :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info and yes, these are definitely worth collecting! :)

      Delete