Friday, December 7, 2012

NYX Rouge Cream Blushes


NYX Rouge Cream Blushes


I own six of these obviously. :p

Some of these were bought from the US by my mom during her business trip, while some were bought from online sellers here in the Philippines.

in shade NATURAL

The name says it all. No shimmer, just gives off that natural glow.
The thing with these are that they aren't great on their own.  I find that you need to set it with powder blush so it doesn't fade right away. It'll also serve as a good base for blush.


in shade TICKLED

This is a sort of salmon shade with golden shimmers. This probably won't work for you if you're working with fine lines, freckles or any imperfections as this could easily highlight those. YOU DON'T WANT THAT.

Another thing with these blushes is that they are hits-and-misses. Some shades are great, some don't show up at all and fade after an hour. The average wear of this alone would be 2-3 hours. When set with powder, it could last for 6 hours, depending on the staying power of the powder that you set it with.

in shade ROSE PETAL

This is a somewhat nude-ish shade. Almost skin-color. Definitely needs to be topped of with something else.
Each sells for about 250 pesos or so. It's cheaper in the US, of course.



in shade GLOW

This ones a bit neon-pink. This is pigmented and can be worn on its own. However, if you are oily, I suggest still setting it with powder.

After trying on these blushes, I'd have to conclude that cream blushes are not for me! It's just not apt for the hot and humid weather here in the Philippines. It feels really sticky.

in shade BOHO CHIC

This has got a bluish undertone to it. It's sort of nude pink. It also has glitters which I personally find unappealing. The glitters are in no way fine or appropriate.

The packaging is ok, nothing novel. I think they were going after the mac cream blushes look. It doesn't seem like it's a very sturdy container, but so far it's held up pretty well. I guess it can be attributed to the fact that I am extra careful with my things.


in shade RED CHEEKS

This is CRAZY pigmented! When I say that you only need a VERY LIGHT dab on ONE FINGER, I mean it! It's a fire-engine shade of red. Very intimidating on the pan, but it can go perfect on the cheeks for any complexion. I like wearing this on my bare face with no foundation. It's just natural yet striking.
Here are the swatches, in order.  

Natural, Tickled, Rose Petal, Glow, Boho Chic, Red Cheeks

Natural, Tickled, Rose Petal, Glow, Boho Chic, Red Cheeks

Natural, Tickled, Rose Petal, Glow, Boho Chic, Red Cheeks


STAYING POWER: 1/5


PRICE: 3/5

PACKAGING: 2/5 

PIGMENT: 4/5

GETTING IT AGAIN? No

1 comment:

  1. What online shopping store do you trust with your cosmetics? Try Kallony. They cater100% authentic cosmetics, makeups and perfumes.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete