Wednesday, October 3, 2012

HBC False Eye Lashes

HBC FALSE EYE LASHES

I'm back! Now that the sem's officially over, I can get back to doing more reviews! *YEY*

 False eye lashes or "falsies" are used to give more dramatic effect to the eyes. Personally, I prefer using falsies only on special occasions or during nights out. My eye lashes are naturally thick and long so I also tend to choose falsies that are more natural looking.

For today, I will be doing a review on my 2 HBC falsies! The pictures below show the 2 types of falsies I have. These falsies aren't really labeled so I'll just number them instead.

#1 FALSIES


These are my absolute FAVORITE falsies! It's my current "HG" so to speak. 


What's great about these are that they are DIRT CHEAP! A pair costs just about Php 20.00! Compared to other falsies in the market, these HBC falsies are just about 1/4 of their prices. Based from experience, I get a good 3-time use with these. I can stretch it to 5, but putting glue on it by then gets a bit trickier. 


I <3 this particular style so much! I don't think it's very obvious in the pictures, but the actual shade of these are dark brown. The color seems to help in giving the falsies a more natural look as well. 


The length  and  thickness are just perfect for me. It's not drag queen-like, yet it still gives volume and impact to the eyes.

#2 FALSIES


These are more sparse than the first eye lashes and a bit more hard to put on because of the thin "spine" (the thing that holds all the lashes together).


If you're looking for volume, this may not be for you. However, if it's length that you're looking for, then this should do the trick!


These #2 falsies are also dark brown in shade and cost the same.

ROUNDING IT UP

I think it's just perfect that we can get these cheap-ass falsies locally. I'm not very familiar with all HBC retail outlets, but I do get mine at MetroWalk, Pasig City. Overall, if you're the type to experiment with make-up, putting falsies on is a great way of amping the look up. For beginners, falsies with flexible yet firm "spines" are highly recommended. The flexibility allows for an easier adjustment just in case it takes a while to put them close to the lash line. 

Of course, re-using your falsies would depend on its quality. Just a tip for those who wish to recycle their falsies (highly recommend recycling by the way!): After each use, clean your falsies by putting make up remover in a clean cotton pad. Fold it like a taco and run your falsies in between, gently removing the mascara and glue on it. Cleaning your falsies will make it easier for you to put them on in the future as the glue and mascara are likely to stick better with a dirt-free base.



PRICE: 5/5


VISUAL IMPACT: 5/5 For the #1 falsies


VISUAL IMPACT: 2/5 For the #2 falsies

GETTING IT AGAIN? #1 YES
GETTING IT AGAIN? #2 NO

No comments:

Post a Comment